Linore Burkard takes you through the steps from having no platform to where you want to be with a viable platform that works for you. Her insight comes from years of establishing her brand. She has both traditionally published and indie published.
Platform building is a crucial part of your book marketing system… if you are not sure you have an effective web presence, then this web-ed is for you!
What is an effective web presence?
It is a multi-faceted layering of links—links that all lead to you—so that:
- Your name shows up in search engines
- Your book or product can be easily found and purchased
- You are perceived as a professional (a “real” writer) to readers, agents, or publishers
- You’re a contender in this business of writing (or whatever business you engage in).
- You can be contacted easily by readers, agents, editors, or the media
- There can be no doubt that you are active and engaged on the web.
An effective web presence is what happens when you build a platform from the ground up, using professional methods and time-tested means–such as the ones you’ll learn in this webinar.
For example, you’ll learn:
- How to build a platform that tells the world you are a professional.
- What not to do when just starting out (and the three biggest ways that beginners mess up!)
- How to build links that all lead to YOU
- What social media to embrace (and what to ignore)
- Whether or not you must have a blog (the answer may surprise you)
- How to maintain growth without spending crazy hours on platform building
- What the single most important activity is for a really strong platform
- How your platform works for you once you get it going
- How Linore’s platform-building landed her a three book contract with Harvest House–a top Christian publisher
Is this showing up?